[Paraview-developers] Disable test data download seems to be broken

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Oct 13 09:05:53 EDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 08:16:01 -0400, Brad King wrote:
> On 10/12/2016 06:57 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> > In both cases I still see many downloads from MIDAS, is there a new
> > way to enable this, or perhaps it got broken at some point?
>
> It looks like the paraview_test_data_target function creates
> new test data targets without honoring the
> PARAVIEW_DATA_EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL option.  Those targets then have
> a dependency on the main ParaViewData target and thus bring it
> into the "all" target anyway.
>
> Why is the paraview_test_data_target function needed?  Why can't
> all data be handled by the one ParaViewData target?

Looking at its usage, it is used inside of the plugins. I believe they
may not have access to the main ParaViewData target. This may have been
an incorrect assumption or conclusion (I forget which it may have been).

The logic boils down to:

  set(data)
  foreach (datafile IN LISTS ARGN)
    list(APPEND data
      "DATA{${PARAVIEW_TEST_DATA_DIR}/${datafile}/,REGEX:.*}")
  endforeach ()
  ExternalData_Expand_Arguments("ParaViewData${name}" files ${data})
  ExternalData_Add_Target("ParaViewData${name}")
  add_dependencies("ParaViewData${name}"
    ParaViewData)

I'll add the logic for EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL at least.

--Ben