[Paraview-developers] Getting previously selected filters programmatically

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue May 19 09:50:47 EDT 2015

Prashant,

Here's how I would do this (if I follow your goal currectly).

+ Create a new VTK reader/source by subclassing  vtkAlgorithm (or
vtkMultiBlockDataSetAlgorithm) that reads the database to produce the
MultiBlockDataSet of interest.
+ Define a proxy for this reader/source. See ParaView Plugins Howto
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_a_Reader).
+ Now, when the button is clicked, instantiate your reader proxy and
then create new proxies for the pipeline you're interested and connect
to this source proxy.

In ParaView you create pipelines to operate on data, you don't connect
the data directly to anything.

Hope that helps.

Utkarsh