[Paraview-developers] Error loading plugin in different machine from where it was compiled

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Thu Jan 22 07:19:57 EST 2015

Hi Daniel,

The error occures because the Windows kernel is unable to load your DLL
file. This might occures because your dynamic library requires another
DLL that is not present on the target machine. If you ignore which one
it is, you can check with Dependency Walker tool.
Beware, if the target system runs ParaView in release mode, your plugin
must be in release too (same for debug). Also note that a x64 plugin
cannot be loaded by a x32 version of the software and vice-versa.
Hope it helps!

Joachim
Techincal Expert - Kitware France