[Paraview-developers] Error loading plugin in different machine from where it was compiled

Daniel Wilches Maradey dwilches at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 00:00:41 EST 2015

Hello,

I depeloved a plugin for Paraview and in my build machine it works well.
But, I'm seeing the following problem when I try to load it in a different
machine (using "Tools -> Manage Plugins ..."):

*ERROR: In
C:\DBD\pvs-x32\paraview\src\paraview\ParaViewCore\ClientServerCore\Core\vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx,
line 360*
*vtkPVPluginLoader (0BA1F610): N*

​The error message is that one you see there, it looks chopped and doesn't
give me much information about the actual reason.​

​What could be causing this error?
The version of Paraview is the same in both machines: 4.2.0​ 32-bits. The
build machine is running Win7 32 bits and the other machine, where the
error happens, is running Win8 64-bits.

Also in case it helps: I have tried two versions of the plugin, one
compiled for Debug (which shows the message you see there), and one
compiled for Release (which just crashes Paraview).

​Thanks.​