[Paraview-developers] ParaView & Qt Creator problem

Urban Simoncic urban.simoncic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 15:24:26 EDT 2013

I want to build the ParaView using Qt Creator+MSVC2010 in Win 7, because
I want to do some modifications of ParaView and using IDE is much more
convenient than just text editor. I am able to build/run the ParaView
project with CMake-gui and MSVC2010 Express. I am also able to build/run
Examples in Qt Creator (Examples are not using CMake). However, when
trying to build the Paraview in QT Creator, I get the error below; the
error occurs when pressing “Run CMake” in second step of CMake Wizard. I
suppose it is a stupid error because undefined path to something or so,
but I am not able to locete the cause of error. Anybody knows that error?

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:C:/pw/ParaView-v4.0.1-source-build/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:C:/pw/ParaView-v4.0.1-source-build/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
“Ninja”. CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a
different build tool.
— Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!