[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: VTK data types representation

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 24 20:09:27 EDT 2012

I am thinking that at this point, for 3D structured datasets (rectilinear and AMR) that outline is significantly worse than just displaying with surface.  A user almost always will want to see if data read in correctly, thus will change to solid, then do whatever they need to do.  Another problem is that, if a dataset has a lot of blocks, the outline blends into a white blob that then cannot be colored, and at that point I get a bug report.  At the least, we should use the  threshold you put into the settings window, same as for interactive rendering.

See above.  Just change representations for different data types.

Alan