[Paraview-developers] Upcoming changes to ParaView Server Manager

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Feb 25 11:30:48 EST 2011

Folks,

A while ago I posted a couple of emails:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview-developers/2010-July/000775.html
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview-developers/2010-July/000799.html

It's been a while since these. If you were thinking we've forgotten
about it, you couldn't be more wrong :). While everyone was enjoying
their winter break and their snowed-in days, we (well some of us at
least) were toiling to get the proposed changes ready for a
show-and-tell.

Included is a link to a presentation we recently presented to our
internal development team highlighting the changes. Thought it would
be worthwhile exercise to share it with the community, so I went back
and added notes to the slides and here they are:

http://paraview.org/ParaView3/images/2/24/ParaViewCollaborationChanges.pdf

These slides give a broad overview, without diving into too much detail.

We will publish the changes on the stage soon. They will be there for
a week or two before we merge them to git-master. Don't worry, we'll
be posting emails periodically as we move forward.

Note these do not affect 3.10 or even 3.10.1. These will make into the
official ParaView 4.0 release, nothing sooner.