[Paraview-developers] Moving to hdf5-1.8.x

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Apr 15 14:19:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov>wrote:

>  I am confused about why take out HDF5 now that it is converted to CMake.
>  That should make it easer to cram it into ParaView.

I was confused about that, too. The only valid reason I think you would want
to do that is if it was commonly found in an acceptable pre-built form on
most developer's systems. But unless that's true, I think having it directly
in the source and using add_subdirectory is the best way to have it
available everywhere and well-tested on the dashboards.

David C.