[Paraview-developers] Render property for RenderWindow proxy

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Apr 20 09:47:29 EDT 2005

> There is no need for the "Render" property, I will remove it.

Thanks.

> However, inspite of the property, the render should not get
> called whenever the render window properties are updated,
> unless the "Render"
> property was explicitly modified. Only modified properties
> are pushed on the Servers in a call to UpdateVTKObjects.

If understand it correctly, the server manager by default updates all
the properties on the first call to UpdateVTKObjects to make sure that
the default values held locally in the proxy are correct.  This behavior
can be toggled by the global ModifiedAtCreation flag in vtkSMProperty,
which the ParaView GUI turns off.

I really don't care much for this behavior, but as long as it's
supported (and the default), important server manager objects such as
the render window should behave well with it.

-Ken