[Paraview-developers] Render property for RenderWindow proxy

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 19 17:37:34 EDT 2005

Is there a reason why the proxy for vtkRenderWindow has a "Render"
property (~line 720 in rendering.xml)?  This causes a render to occur
whenever the render window properties are updated which in turn forces
the window to be created the first time UpdateVTKObjects is called.  In
fact, the window is created before all the rest of the properties are
pushed so that some, such as StereoCapableWindow, that must be set
before the window is created are not.  I also worry about attaching the
render window to a QVTKWidget.  I'm not sure this will work after the
window is created, so I want to delay the window creation as long as
possible.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories