[Openchemistry-developers] GSOC Open Babel project 2018

lavish maheshwari lavishm58 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:52:51 EST 2018

Hello Sir,

I am Lavish Maheshwari, pre-final year undergraduate student of IIT
Guwahati, India.

I am intrested in contributing through
Project: Bayesian Optimization of Conformer Geometries.

I have gone through the Monte Carlo Implementation obconformer.cpp, though
I havn't understanded it fully.

I have recently studied about Bayesion theory,parametric and multivariate
methods and dimensionality reduction by PCA and LDA in course Pattern
Recognition and ML which I think will be quite helpful.

Further, I would like to know how to get started with proposal and if I
should fix some bugs or I should contact mentor directly any other specific
thing

I have set the second priority as Project: Develop a validation and
standardization filter.

And could you add me in slack channel email - lavishm58 at gmail.com

Regards Lavish Maheshwari

‌