[Openchemistry-developers] GSoC 2018

ALOK KUMAR alokkr.iitb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 16:09:36 EST 2018

Hello everyone.
    I am Alok , a second year undergraduate at Indian Institute of
Technology Bombay , India. I have interest in computational chemistry and
had taken up a course this semester in my college.

Among the GSoC-2018 ideas I found projects under cclib quite interesting,
particularly  ##Discovering computational chemistry content online##

I am familiar with web scraping using BeautifulSoup and urllib in Python
and had recently started looking into Scrapy as well.

I wanted to know how much understanding / familiarity is expected for
contributing to this project . Also,(if required) is deeper understanding
of computational chemistry or advanced web crawling a prerequisite or can
it be worked upon during the initial Coding phase of GSoC.

Looking ahead to staying in touch with the Open Chemistry community.

Regards,

Alok Kumar
alokkr.iitb at gmail.com