[Openchemistry-developers] GSoC project on Advanced Analysis of Quantum Chemistry Data

Geoffrey Hutchison geoffh at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 7 15:58:59 EST 2017

Hi Sagar,

I see that you've been working with cclib, which is a great start.

I think a good starting point would be to look at how you'd implement derivatives, gradients, and Laplacians of the gaussian type orbitals using cclib. Both ELF and AIM use these derivatives to do the analysis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_localization_function <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_localization_function>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atoms_in_molecules <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atoms_in_molecules>

There's an implementation of QTAIM in Avogadro, although I don't know how easy it is to follow.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison