[Na-mic-project-week] putting code in the namic sandbox... please read

Tina Kapur tkapur at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 16 12:38:27 EDT 2010

Dear Project Week attendees,

Some of you have asked about the "rules" around putting your code in the
NA-MIC sandbox.  Here goes: if you want help on your project during
project week, your code must be in a repository that your "helpers" can
have write access to.  The NA-MIC sandbox is such a repository that
works well for many of our experts.  However, if your code is in another
open repository, that's fine too, and you just need to ensure that the
rest of your team can access it.  If you are in the market for a
repository, please note that we are moving in the direction of git (from
svn) and there are some free hosting sites (github, gitorious) that
Steve Pieper will talk about more during project week.

Again, if you have any questions about the project week, please call in
tomorrow (Thursday) at 3pm ET:
Teleconference number: 800-728-9607 (or 913-904-9873)
Participant code: 6815251#

You are also welcome to put your question(s) on the agenda for the call
wiki page, and we will put the response there as well:

http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Engineering:TCON_2010#2010-06-17

-Tina

--

Tina Kapur, Ph.D.