[Midas] authenticated access

Mona Wong mona at sdsc.edu
Mon Jun 25 21:03:44 EDT 2012

Hi Patrick:

> The current model is for your application to keep the Midas API key
> used to authenticate to do the retrieving of data.

	How can I pass the user's Midas API key "safely" to the application Annio?  Currently, I am passing it as a URL parameter but that allows the API key to be visible in the URL.  Is there a way to pass it to my app in a "hidden" way...how about session authentication...I don't know if that is any safer...at least it is less visible...your thoughts?

Mona

    Mona Wong
    Web & iPad Application Developer
    San Diego Supercomputer Center