[Kiwiviewer] Fwd: [Ves] loading a sequence of OBJ files into KiwiViewer

Tomoyuki Mukasa mks.tmyk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 02:32:12 EDT 2013

Hi,

(Sorry for multipost by mistake, I sent same question to
ves at public.kitware.com.)
I'm trying to display a sequence of OBJ file (OBJ animation) with textures
on kiwiviewer.

Based on the document
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/KiwiViewer_Scene_File
and some trial and error, I have succeeded in displaying the following two
cases:

(1) one frame of OBJ with a texture.
(2) a sequence of OBJs without texture.

However, I can't find how to display OBJ animation.

To display the case (1), I made a .kiwi file like below.
{
"objects":
 [
{
"filename": "model-00000.obj",
 "material": "model-00000.mtl",
"texture": "model-00000.png"
 }
]
}

To display the case (2), I made a .kiwi file like below.
{
"objects":
[
{
 "frames_per_second": 30,
"filenames":
[
                                "model-00000.obj",
                                (partially omitted)
                                "model-00029.obj"
                        ]
                 }
         ]
}

Both of above .kiwi files are successfully loaded on KiwiViewer.
But I can't find how to mix them and display a OBJ animation with textures.
For example, a trial like below didn't work.
{
    "objects": [
        {
    "frames_per_second": 4,
    "filenames":
    [
"model-00100.obj",
 "model-00200.obj"
    ],
            "materials":
    [
 "model-00100.mtl",
 "model-00200.mtl"
    ],
    "textures":
    [
 "model-00100.png",
           "model-00200.png"
     ]
}
    ]
}

Could you please give me some hints fo how to make this work?
Any details of kiwi scene file are very welcome.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Tomoyuki

--