[Kiwiviewer] importing data on android

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Mar 27 23:01:14 EDT 2013

Hi Olaf,

I used ParaView to convert the pvtr files into vtp files, and hosted them
here:

   http://midas3.kitware.com/midas/folder/9565

KiwiViewer can read these vtp files.  I can remove the data after you've
had a chance to download it.  I converted the data to vtp using ParaView's
Extract Surface filter which extracts just the external surface of the 3D
volume.  Do you have a preferred method for visualizing this data in
ParaView?  I also converted the cell centered data to point centered data
because KiwiViewer does not handle cell centered data.  I duplicated
vertices so that I could replicate the cell data at the vertices without
using interpolation, the result is a visualization in KiwiViewer that
matches ParaView's cell data rendering.

Also hosted at that link are zip files.  The zip files contain the vtp data
plus a .kiwi scene file.  The scene file allows you to specify custom color
maps.  To load the zip file data, you need to use KiwiViewer 2.0.
KiwiViewer 2.0 is available for iOS in the App Store.  There is also an
experimental version of KiwiViewer 2.0 for Android, but it does not have
the user interface that the iOS version has, so some features are not
available, but it can read the zip files.  You can download an android apk
installer here:

http://packages.kitware.com/packages/application/view?applicationId=14

If you use the iOS version of KiwiViewer, you can browse and download these
files from Midas from within the app.  From the KiwiViewer documents tab,
tap on Midas, and then go to KiwiViewer -> Misc Data -> exported pvtr.
KiwiViewer 2.0 on iOS also has a Scene Settings panel where you can choose
which variable to color by, on Android it just picks one of the variables
and there's no option to change it (unless you use the .kiwi scene file to
specify the variable).

Pat