[Kiwiviewer] letter from kiwiviewer fan

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Mar 13 08:35:03 EDT 2013

Hi Deng,

Thanks for your email.  The limitation of 65,000 vertices was fixed quite
some time ago.  The current version of the libraries in the master branch
does not have the 65,000 vertex limit, so long as your device supports the
GL_OES_element_index_uint extension (all iOS device do).  The check for
this extension occurs at runtime.  If you are using the vesKiwiViewerApp
class in your own app, then you must remember to call the initGL() function
in order to perform the runtime check, otherwise it assumes the extension
is not available.

Source code for kiwiviewer 2.0 is available on the stage remote in the
kiwi-next-apps branch, but this code has to be cleaned up before we add it
to the master branch, so for now the kiwi-next-apps branch is subject to
change.

If you have not already, please subscribe to the VES public mailing list.
This is where we have developer discussion and make important announcements
regarding the source code, and we'd love to have your contribution:

Pat