[Insight-users] Writing dicom serie from another dicom serie (PET data)

Tibo thibaut.merlin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 16:11:31 EDT 2011

   Hi all,

    I'm new to ITK. I'm trying to read and write PET data from a dicom serie
but I have some issues with the "DicomSeriesReadSeriesWrite" example which
should normally read and write my serie. I obtain strange results as shown
in the pictures below :

    Input image :

http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n6920857/SeriesRW_Input.png

    Output Image :

http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n6920857/SeriesRW_Output.png

Some field in the output dicom are erroneous (this is the case for "smallest
Image pix", "Largest image pix" and "Number of slices"). I assume something
goes wrong during the writing, maybe some field needed for the writing are
either missing or not correctly read.

I tried to read the dicom file and write it in another format (nifti), and
then to write it back in Dicom. This time I could recover the files without
problem, except that of course all the header data is lost in the process as
we recreate a new header from scratch.

So I'm wondering, for PET data, do I have to manually change some tags in
the header before the writing ?

Thanks for any hints you could provide me

Best regards
-