[Insight-users] How to get ITK dlls in Windows

worry_wang worry_wang at 163.com
Tue Dec 7 20:35:57 EST 2010

What I think is that If I could get the ITK's dlls,I can bulid my project more effciently,rather than use its static library.

At 2010-12-07 23:24:00,"Sergio Vera" <sergio.vera at alma3d.com> wrote:
Why not take the following approach?:

1) Compile your ITK code as a static library (.lib instead of .exe) using CMake (or a .dll if you like)
2) Create a standard MFC application (managing the project with the ordinary Visual studio assistants and project settings) and link the MFC application with the ITK library.

Additionally you end up with your ITK code much more separated from the usual MFC-GUI related code which is always nice.

HTH

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:15 PM, John Drescher<drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> what should I do to use ITK in MFC without Cmake's compiling?
> I add the ITK's library and ITK's include in C++ directories.My program compiling sucessfully,But Link failed.
> so many "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol"
> what should I do to solve this problem?

It is definitly not recommended to build itk or vtk applications
without using CMake. If you want to build your applications without
using CMake you will have to do a lot of work on your part in solving
issues like this. One thing you can do to help is build a small test
application using CMake and copy the compiler settings and linker
settings to your project.

John