[Insight-users] How to get ITK dlls in Windows

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Tue Dec 7 10:24:00 EST 2010

Why not take the following approach?:

1) Compile your ITK code as a static library (.lib instead of .exe) using
CMake (or a .dll if you like)
2) Create a standard MFC application (managing the project with the ordinary
Visual studio assistants and project settings) and link the MFC application
with the ITK library.

Additionally you end up with your ITK code much more separated from the
usual MFC-GUI related code which is always nice.

HTH

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:15 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > what should I do to use ITK in MFC without Cmake's compiling?
> > I add the ITK's library and ITK's include in C++ directories.My program
> compiling sucessfully,But Link failed.
> > so many "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol"
> > what should I do to solve this problem?
>
> It is definitly not recommended to build itk or vtk applications
> without using CMake. If you want to build your applications without
> using CMake you will have to do a lot of work on your part in solving
> issues like this. One thing you can do to help is build a small test
> application using CMake and copy the compiler settings and linker
> settings to your project.
>
> John

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Sergio Vera