[Insight-users] convolution

Nick Tustison ntustison at wustl.edu
Fri Dec 21 07:14:06 EST 2007

Hi Kannan,
Perhaps there is a better way to do this but I needed to do the exact same
thing so I created an itkConvolutionImageFilter class which takes two
images, one as input and the other as an "image kernel" and produces a
convolved output image.   The tricky part, at least for me, was doing
exactly as you pointed out---how to convert an image to neighborhood
operator.  The result was the ImageKernelOperator which is used by the
itkConvolutionImageFilter.  I'll send both classes to you in a private
email.  Hopefully it fulfills your needs.

Good luck,
Nick Tustison