[Insight-users] Sub-volumes registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Dec 9 16:36:10 EST 2007

Hi Nic,

How are you extracting the subvolumes from the large volumes ?

If you use the RegionOfInterestImageFilter, the final transform
obtained from the registration of the subvolumes should be *directly*
applicable to the larger volumes.

This is because the origin of the subvolumes would be correctly computed
so that they are placed in the correct location in physical space
with respect to the original larger volume.

If you compute the origin of your subvolumes correctly, then you are
still performing registration in physical coordinates, and no further
modification of the transform should be needed once you complete the
registration of the subvolumes.

That's the most consistent way of performing your registration.