[Insight-users] ImageRegistration2D application

Gregg O'Hara greggohara at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 12:08:44 EST 2006

Hello,

I am currently using an itk application that I downloaded from the website
(itk.org) under 'applications' - ImageRegistration2D and there is a pretty
neat console that appears when it is built.

I am hoping to use this to register a misaligned 'moving' PET image and
'fixed' CT brain image (taking into account both translation and rotation
for the moving image) using the mutual information metric available on the
console.
Has anybody used this console before using mutual information? Can you tell
me where I can find some good literature on the flavour of mutual
information used in the console.
I have looked at the classes used in the project and I think its Normalized
Mutual Information from the book "Medical Image Registration"  by Hajnal,
Hill and Hawkes. Can anyone confirm this?

Many Thanks for your time,

Gregg O'Hara