[Insight-users] ITK:FEM : FEM SOLVERS

Barbara bgarita at ufl.edu
Thu Mar 2 14:37:44 EST 2006

Thanks Brian,

I really appreciate your response.  I am working on a simple static
problems.
I have created a new element, a 3D space bar, and I work with this 3D
space bar and the tetrahedron element offered in ITK.  I've found loads
of unconsistancies with the tetrahedron element in ITK, for example it
took me a while to figure out the correct nodal numbering scene.  It
turns out that if the numbering scene is wrong all solutions are wrong.
The validation of the tetrahedron element offered in FEMElementTest, as
far as I can tell, is wrong (tetra2.fem).

I dont understand why this solver (Using LinearSystemWrapperItpack) is
the only one that detects when an diagonal element in the stiffness
matrix in negative.

Also I will like to know if the solvers reduce the stiffness matrix.  I
have small examples with 225 nodes that last 26 minutes to run.

I will be super glad to tell you more about what I am doing, hopefully
getting your help I could speed up this validation stage in go into
using ITK FEM to solve my static problems with confidence.

Thanks for your time,
Barbara.