[Insight-users] concept checking in AccumulateImageFilter

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Wed Mar 1 15:04:02 EST 2006

Hi all,

There is currently a check in the header file of the
AccumulateImageFilter (in Code/BasicFilters) for whether the input
and output images have the same dimension.  Another ITK developer
pointed out to me a couple days ago that this concept check is
probably wrong.  He suggested that the dimension of the output should
actually be one less than that of the input.  Luis and I discussed
this earlier today, and we believe that the output's dimension should
be one less than that of the input.  However, if we make this change,
anyone's code depending on the input and output to have the same
dimensionality would break.

What has been the experience of other people using this filter?  What
is your opinion about the dimensionality of the input and output of
this filter?

- Amy