[Insight-users] Multichannel images

Jordi Inglada jordi.inglada at cnes.fr
Tue Feb 28 04:44:58 EST 2006

Hi Mike,

We are using itk::VectorImage<PixelType>, where PixelYype is a scalar
one, and its OK since the number of channels needs not to be known at
compile time as it is the case for itk::Image< itk::Vector<PixelType> >.

For the use of filters on a particular channel of your image, you can
write an adaptor. See for instance the itk::VectorImageToImageAdaptor
which extracts the nth channel from a VectorImage.

Jordi

Mike Feur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What is the best way to represent multichannel images?
>  I am not interested in the RGB format as my
> microscopy images can vary from 2 to 5 grayscale
> channels, depending on how the data is acquired.
>
> I take it the itk::Vector class is not appropriate.
>
> I want to be able to call various filters, and,
> perhaps, even specify the channel for the filter to
> operate.
>
> Do I need to declare a pixel class?  Having looked at
> the chapter 4 in the 2.0 manual and at the
> itkRGBpixel.h header file, this looks like a daunting
> task; I'm not sure my class would be compatible with
> the all the filters in the end either.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Mike

CNES - DCT/SI/AP - BPI 1219
18, avenue Edouard Belin
31401 Toulouse Cedex 09 - France
Tel. +33.(0)5.61.27.33.97 - Fax. +33.(0)5.61.28.31.09