[Insight-users] Multichannel images

Mike Feur mikefeur_02 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 15:54:00 EST 2006

Hi All,

What is the best way to represent multichannel images?
 I am not interested in the RGB format as my
microscopy images can vary from 2 to 5 grayscale
channels, depending on how the data is acquired.

I take it the itk::Vector class is not appropriate.

I want to be able to call various filters, and,
perhaps, even specify the channel for the filter to
operate.

Do I need to declare a pixel class?  Having looked at
the chapter 4 in the 2.0 manual and at the
itkRGBpixel.h header file, this looks like a daunting
task; I'm not sure my class would be compatible with
the all the filters in the end either.

Thanks for any help,

Mike