[Insight-users] Re: Image processing importance :New England Journal of Medicine selected medical imaging ...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Feb 9 10:43:20 EST 2006

Hi Jose,

This is probably the announcement that you are refering to.

> months ago you sent one mail reporting about
> the importance of Image Processing topic as
> one of the ten most challenging researching
> issues in the past decades. I think it was
> extracted from any british source but, could
> you send to me the original source where it
> was written ?
>
> Thanks Luis.
>
> Take care.
>
>   Jose.

Subject:
SAVE THE DATE - THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL IMAGING
From:
NIBIB Info <info at NIBIB.NIH.GOV>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:29:20 -0500
To:
NIBIB_LISTSERV at LIST.NIH.GOV

SAVE THE DATE:  TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2006

THE FUTURE OF MEDICAL IMAGING

The New England Journal of Medicine selected medical imaging as one of
the 11 most important innovations of the past 1,000 years.  Dramatic
advances in medical imaging technologies have allowed physicians to
detect, diagnose, and treat diseases earlier and more accurately, often
reducing costs. Medical imaging is extending human vision into the very
nature of disease, enabling a new and more powerful generation of
diagnosis and intervention.

Join a panel of distinguished government, industry, and academic experts
as they examine the role of medical imaging in the future of health care.

This briefing will unveil new advances in imaging and showcase how
patients benefit from sustained investments in research on medical
imaging through the continued development of less invasive, more
precise, and cost-effective diagnostics and treatments.

Speakers:                  Elias A. Zerhouni, M.D., Director, National
Institutes of Health

Roderic I. Pettigrew, Ph.D., M.D., Director, National Institute of
Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National Institutes of Health

Robert Britain, Vice President, Medical Products Division, National
Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA)

Mary Woolley, President, Research!America

James H. Thrall, M.D., Radiologist-in-Chief, Massachusetts General Hospital

John K. Iglehart, Founding Editor, Health Affairs (moderator)

WHEN:                        Tuesday, January 31, 2006 ~ 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.

                                     (Breakfast at 8:30 a.m.)

WHERE:                     National Press Club ~ Washington, D.C.

                                     Murrow/Lisagor/White Rooms

                                     529 14th Street, NW

(1 ½ blocks from Metro Center Metro Station)

TO RSVP:                   Contact Kari Root at kariroot at polidais.com or
703.516.4266

This educational briefing is sponsored by the National Electrical
Manufacturers Association (NEMA), in collaboration with the Academy of
Radiology Research and Research!America. To learn more about the value
of medical imaging, visit www.medicalimaging.org.

To join or leave the NIBIB Listserv, please visit
http://list.nih.gov/archives/nibib_listserv.html and complete the online
form. You can also change your options for the Listserv at this site.