[Insight-users] Geodesic Active Contours Segmentation with Shape Guidance

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 3 11:00:12 EST 2006

Could you explain your question in a bit more detail? I presume you
have read the Leventon et al. paper, which describes what the PCA
shape modes are and how they contribute to shape guidance. (If not,
it will be difficult to get the filter working properly.) The quoted
code just reads in a "PCA shape model" that has been pre-computed
earlier. Is your question about how to compute such a shape model in
ITK?

Also, the geodesic active contour with shape guidance filter should
work naturally in three dimensions (provided an appropriate transform
for the shape model that works in 3D and a PCA model computed over 3D
input images).

Zach