[Insight-users] Geodesic Active Contours Segmentation with Shape Guidance

Steffi Meyer saufi25 at web.de
Fri Feb 3 07:06:36 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the geodesic active contours segmentation with shape guidance. I want to
expand it to the 3D case. I have problems with the following code snippet:

  ReaderType::Pointer meanShapeReader = ReaderType::New();
  meanShapeReader->SetFileName( argv[13] );
  meanShapeReader->Update();

  std::vector<InternalImageType::Pointer> shapeModeImages( numberOfPCAModes );

  itk::NumericSeriesFileNames::Pointer fileNamesCreator =
          itk::NumericSeriesFileNames::New();

  fileNamesCreator->SetStartIndex( 0 );
  fileNamesCreator->SetEndIndex( numberOfPCAModes - 1 );
  fileNamesCreator->SetSeriesFormat( argv[15] );
  const std::vector<std::string> & shapeModeFileNames =
          fileNamesCreator->GetFileNames();

  for ( unsigned int k = 0; k < numberOfPCAModes; k++ )
    {
    ReaderType::Pointer shapeModeReader = ReaderType::New();
    shapeModeReader->SetFileName( shapeModeFileNames[k].c_str() );
    shapeModeReader->Update();
    shapeModeImages[k] = shapeModeReader->GetOutput();
    }

Can someone explain this lines?

Thanks very much!