[Insight-users] Re: Re

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 29 12:41:01 EDT 2005

*Any* contour (zero-level or otherwise) with "inside" regions less and
"outside" regions greater is a valid initial level set. You tell the
level set filter what this contour is with SetIsoContourValue(), as I
stated in my last email.

So, as per my last email and Luis's email, you can use such a contour
as an initial level set. However, I have a suspicion that the numerical
solution of the level set PDEs might be smoother (more artifact-free)
or converge a little faster if the input is a true distance map. Others
who know more about this issue will hopefully correct me if I am wrong.

Zach