[Insight-users] itkGaussianSpatialObject question

Dr. Uwe Köhler U.Koehler at gmx.de
Fri Jun 24 02:49:17 EDT 2005

HiYa,

I played around with the itkGaussianSpatialObject and noticed that the radius
is only used to calculate the bounding box. It is not used to broaden the
gaussian. I can perfectly adjust the width of the gaussian by the scale of
the transformation. I fear I do get the wrong bouding box and I do believe
the radius is not required. Btw, how big should the bounding box be? The
gaussian only drops to zero at infinity. What is a good cut-off? Adjusting
that by just one radius is difficult for gaussians that are scaled
unisotrope.

Any suggestions?

Uwe

 |  Dr. Uwe Köhler              MR - Physics                       |
 |                              German Heart Institute Berlin      |
 |                              Augustenburger Platz 1             |
 |                              D - 13353 Berlin                   |
 |          ////                Germany                            |
 |         (@ @)                Phone: +49 172 98 11 598           |
 | <URL:http://www.ed.ac.uk/~ukoehler>   <mailto:UKoehler at dhzb.de> |