[Insight-users] Initialise GLSLiceview and vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor

Reinhard Hameeteman reinhard.afstuderen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:26:14 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I made an application in which I use ITK VTK and FLTK, using the
GLSLiceview, vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor and ImageSliceViewer classes
to visualise the volumes. The program is working fine, but I have the
following annoying problem: when the application starts up the above
mentioned classes display random data, which looks kind of stupid. The
VTKwindow displays the content that is on the screen, the moment the
window is created. The cause is I think because the images are
created, but no data is loaded into them yet when the show() method is
called. Once the data is loaded it all looks fine. Is there a way to
prevent the windows from showing random data and keep the screen
black? Of course I could set all pixel values in the volume to a
certain value, but I don't know the dimensions in advance. Also when I
look at some of the insight applications that don't show this problem
I can't find where they are initialised to a certain value
(LiverTumorSegmentation and DeformableModelSimplexMesh). The
ImageViewer application show the same problem, but this is hidden
because the fltk window isn't created before the image is loaded. But
(probably dependent on the speed of your pc) just before the image is
displayed you see a window with chaos, just as I see mine before I
load an image. When this isn't clear enough I will create a minimal
program to show the problem.
Does anyone know a solution?

I use ITK 201, FLTK 116, VTK 42 and Visual C++ 6.0 SP6

Thanks,
Reinhard