[Insight-users] how to start a project in MS VC++6?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jun 18 09:31:07 EDT 2005

Hi Xuelin,

Yes, I agree with you,
It is difficult to configure a software package
when you *don't read the instructions*.

...sooner or later you will have to
    read the documentation....

Trying to go through shortcuts is only going to
waste your energy, time, and enthusiasm.

Instructions on how to configure ITK projects using
CMake are provided in detail in the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

and in the Tutorials:

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular you *MUST* read:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/img0.html

The directories in InsightApplications are not intended
to be  configured in isolation. You must run CMake from
the top directory of InsightApplications and configure
all of them in a single step. Then, you can selectively
build them using your native compiler.

All of this will be clearer once you do your homework and
read the "Installation" chapter of the Software Guide,
and the Tutorial indicated above.