[Insight-users] Vectorizing 2D picture

Fabrice BERGER f.berger at topsolid.com
Wed Jun 15 12:54:18 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a border detection 2D pixel bitmap using some ITK image filters, from
a DICOM scanner image. I want to extract 2D geometry from it - in other
words I want to vectorize my picture (using b-splines at best, connected
polylines at least) - to provide the basis sketch in a CAD software.

I've found objects such as itkParametricPolylinePath which I think I could
use. but I do not find a filter that takes an image and several parameters
as input and then outputs a list of paths.

I also searched in registration algorithm, but, same as previously, though I
think I could use them, I don't figure out how to use them to reach my goal
- I could use seed points if needed, but I prefer a fully automatic mode.

Anyone could help?

Or, is that kind of function out of ITK range?

Thanks in advance

Fabrice