[Insight-users] Extracting geometry from scanner image

Fabrice BERGER f.berger at topsolid.com
Wed Jun 8 11:25:01 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm quite beginner at using ITK, and I have question that may sound simple:

I have a segmented 2D image (using some itk image filters), and I want to
extract 2D geometry - in other words I want to vectorize my picture (using
b-splines at best, connected polylines at least).

I've found objects such as itkParametricPolylinePath which I think I could
use. but I do not find a filter that takes an image and several parameters
as input and then outputs a list of paths.

I also searched in registration algorithm, but, same as previously, I think
I could use them, but I don't figure out how to use them to reach my goal.

It seems to me it is a standard issue, and therefore there must be a simple
way to do it. Anyone could help?

Thanks in advance

Fabrice