[Insight-users] Problem PointSetToImageFilter

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Jun 14 13:21:15 EDT 2005

Vera

Are you using the Curves2DExtractor application or the Curves3DExtractor
application ? The sources for Curves3D were committed yesterday, so
there may be a few issues.

Did you update InsightApplications/Curves3DExtractor. We just updated
the sources to display curves 3D for MRA images.
You can find a screenshot at
www.ece.arizona.edu/~karthikk/ITK/Curves3DScreenshot.png

Here are some of the issues you may be having, ( We had similar issues a
few days ago).

1. ImageToParametricSpaceImageFilter was creating new point data every
time erasing existing point data if present. This was fixed a few days
ago. Please update itkImageToParametricSpaceImageFilter.txx

2. InteriorExteriorMeshFilter uses a spatial function. However this
wasn't an Input 'per say'. So changes to the spatial function do not
cause the filter pipeline to re-run. We fixed this by using a dataobject
decorator and passing it as an input. Please update
itkInteriorExteriorMeshFilter.txx .h

3. FLTK image viewer, as of now takes only int, char, short images as
overlays... the output from your point set is probably double... Please
cast (see ceExtractorConsoleBase.h)
//snip
  m_ThresholdImageFilter->UpdateLargestPossibleRegion();
  m_Viewer_Extracted_Points.SetOverlayColorIndex( 0 ); // Overlay with
red points
  m_Viewer_Extracted_Points.SetImage( m_Reader->GetOutput() );
  m_Viewer_Extracted_Points.SetOverlay(
m_ThresholdImageFilter->GetOutput() );

4. Update all the sources in Auxiallary/FltkImageViewer

5. Update Code/Common/itkFrustumSpatialFunction.txx .h

Please let us know if you have any issues with the Curves3DExtractor
application. Looks like you are trying to do the same thing.

You may also find the following filter useful:
BasicFilters/itkHessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter   This is the
line filter from Sato's paper.

Ther are still some issues with fltk draw events. If you close some of
the windows, you might find that the point set is not redrawn.

Thanks
Regards
Karthik