[Insight-users] Grabbing output from the middle of a pipeline

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 2 01:16:13 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm wondering what the right way to grab an image from the middle or
end of a pipeline is, in such a way that re-running the pipeline
doesn't stomp on the image.

Say I have a pipeline of A->B->C. I'm pretty sure that the procedure to
get C's output so that subsequent pipeline updates don't write over it
is:

out = C->GetOutput();
out->DisconnectPipeline();
C->ResetPipeline();

Though I am not sure if the last line is necessary. (Is it?)

Now, what if I want to grab and save B's output? Is it:

out = B->GetOutput();
out->DisconnectPipeline();
B->ResetPipeline();
C->SetInput(B->GetOutput());