[Insight-users] Image filter whose output size depends on input image data

Peter Cech pcech at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 18 05:24:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to write autocrop image filter, but I got stuck on following
problem. My filter needs examine input image data in order to set output
image size. From what I understood reading ITK Software Guide, the
correct place to set output image size is GenerateOutputInformation(),
but at that point input image data are not yet available. The first step
where input image data are available is GenerateData(). Is it possible
(safe) to change output image size there?

Regards,
Peter Cech