[Insight-users] Initialize ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 17 22:07:14 EDT 2005

I am trying to run a VersorRigid3DTransform followed by a
ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform. I would like to initialize the ScaleSkew
transform based on the results of the rigid transform. I believe that I
need to perform the following steps:

1. SetCenter of ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform based on
VersorRigid3DTransform

2. SetParameters of ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform based on
VersorRigid3DTransform after initializing scales to 1 and skews to 0

3. SetOffset of ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform based on
VersorRigid3DTransform

Is this correct?

Another solution would be to simply run the ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform
with the scales for scale and skew set to 0 during a 1st pass and then
modify the scale and skew scaling during a 2nd pass.

Thanks,
Vince

--
Assistant Professor