AW: [Insight-users] Question about SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter and LevelSetMotionRegisrationFilter

Corinne Mattmann mattmaco at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 15 09:40:53 EDT 2004

Hi Guorong,

QUESTION 2:

The SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter is based on formula (5) out
of Thirion's paper:
Jean-Philippe Thirion: Fast Non-Rigid Matching of 3D Medical Images; May
1995; Publication no. 2547 at INRIA (http://www.inria.fr/rrrt/rr-2547.html).

It is basiacally the same as the original formula (4) except that
instead of just considering one image gradient (the one of the fixed
image), the moving image gradient is included as well. This leads to
better results where there is a large deformation.

The implementation of this formula can be found in the file
SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFunction on line 163-323.

Hope this answers your question,
Corinne

Message: 2