[ITK-dev] itk::Statistics::ScalarImageToCooccurrenceMatrixFilter input image and mask are same type

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 10:25:42 EDT 2017

Hi Yi,

I suppose that mask having the same image type as the input is a limitation
of the current class. I had a quick look at the class implementation
itkScalarImageToCooccurrenceMatrixFilter.hxx
<https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Numerics/Statistics/include/itkScalarImageToCooccurrenceMatrixFilter.hxx>,
and it seems easy to introduce a new (3rd) template parameter for the mask.
It should be equal to TImageType by default for backwards compatibility.

That is the preferred solution to this problem. Once you get it working,
please submit <https://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop> a patch so others can
benefit from this improvement.

Regards,
Dženan Zukić, PhD, Senior R&D Engineer, Kitware (Carrboro, N.C.)