[Insight-developers] [ITK Community] Script for Remote Module testing

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Jan 30 12:17:20 EST 2014

The ITKGroup_Remote would be nice to have.  Another idea is to use
similar code in itk_common.cmake and after the initial configure, and
submit with each module turned on.

-----

In terms of the modular dashboard, I agree that keeping an eye on the
goals is a good idea.  Example goals:

  1. People look at the dashboard.
  2. People can quickly see if anything went wrong, what went wrong,
and if they need to pay attention.

In practice, I think the previous modular dashboard hurt more than
helped with these goals.

Part of the problem was that it took too many clicks and too many long
CDash page loads to investigate the issues.

The other problem was that the hierarchical view made it difficult to
see what went wrong.  We have been working had to clean up the
dashboard so there is not so much noise that it is difficult to see
when any new problems occur.  It takes a very consistently clean
dashboard for the hierarchical view to add value.

The current page is getting somewhat long, but I personally don't have
much difficulty scrolling through.  If it starts to get worse, which
is a valid concern, I think something like javascript
hiding/re-presentation of the data, which is done locally, would be a
better solution than something that requires repeated CDash database
lookups.

My 2 cents,
Matt