[Insight-developers] A Contrib group?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jan 16 16:31:29 EST 2014

On Jan 16, 2014, at 3:50 PM, Matt McCormick <matt.mccormick at kitware.com> wrote:

>  And, as Brad K. and
> Luis point out, a second-class-citizen Review designation is proven
> not to work well.

It's was not clear to me that a separate group for contributions was proven not to work. Certainly referring to it despairingly as "second-class" is not inspiring. Specifically what were the problems, from the previous Review?

Additionally, How is steering new contributions into remote modules, not creating a tiered system?

These remote modules just seem difficult to review/test/maintain. The my primary suggestion of the Contrib was to establish a place of the same tier no matter where the code was.

This has been a constructive and productive thread, thanks everyone.

Brad