[Insight-developers] Visual Studio 2012+ Parallelism

Brian Helba brian.helba at kitware.com
Mon Feb 10 15:58:40 EST 2014

Please note,

There's another bug related to Visual Studio (multiple versions) and the
"/MP" flag.

See that: between yesterday [1] and today [2], Brad added
"MAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=/MP". to the
"Win32-VS11-Release-Shared"@"lhcp-vm-win701.nlm" client build. The result
is 199 new warnings [3] of:
"warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not
enabled. Specify /EHsc".

This exact same bug has also occurred on
"Win64-VS9-Release-Shared"@"dash5win7x64.kitware" when I enabled the same
flag for one night [4] (note that the Static build had configure errors for
another reason, and never attempted to build with "/MP"). I immediately
disabled the flag for the next night, intending to troubleshoot it at some
other time. The issue on "lhcp-vm-win701.nlm" seems to confirm that this is
a real bug.

[1] http://open.cdash.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=3213173
[2] http://open.cdash.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=3213955
[3] http://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=3213955