[Insight-developers] FastChamferDistanceImageFilterTest failure with Intel ICPC compiler?

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Oct 23 11:42:39 EDT 2013

I notice that there's on Intel ICPC compiler on the nightly dashboards
under exotics that doesn't show up this error, but I don't know if we're
using a more recent version or different enough flags to matterŠ I'm using
the RelWithDebInfo build type.

I already fixed one test that was failing because it expected (and did not
get) exact equality between floating point values
(JointDomainImageToListSampleAdaptorTest). I'll put a patch up for that.

But FastChamferDistanceImageFilterTest requires some judgement on the part
of people who know what it's actually doing.  The results are different:

500: Band initial size: 0
500: Band size: 171536
500: Inner positive points: 49496 != 49472
500: Inner negative points: 28952 != 28928
500: Rest of points: 93088 != 93136
500: outweights = 0x2fcbf4c
500: Test passed

To me, that looks as though the difference is small enough that both the
expected answer and what ICPC generates could be reasonable.  But I'm not
sure how to verify this, nor how exactly to modify the test such that ICPC
will pass.

Suggestions?

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu