[Insight-developers] New valgrind defect in itkGradientDescentLineSearchOptimizerv4Test

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:03:53 EDT 2012

Hi Bill,

If you take a look at the constructor in itkGradientDescentLineSearchOptimizerv4.cxx
below, the search method is being set using a function.  Could this be the possible
reason for the valgrind error?  I think you were the one who explained to me why this
isn't kosher---something about the class not being instantiated at this point to be able
do this type of thing.

Nick

/**
 * Default constructor
 */
GradientDescentLineSearchOptimizerv4
::GradientDescentLineSearchOptimizerv4()
{
  this->m_LowerLimit = itk::NumericTraits< InternalComputationValueType >::Zero;
  this->m_UpperLimit = 5.0;
  this->m_Phi = 1.618034;
  this->m_Resphi = 2 - this->m_Phi;
  this->m_Epsilon = 0.01;
  this->SetSearchMethod( SearchNearBaselineLearningRate );
}