[Insight-developers] ITK Wiki

Miller, James V (GE Global Research) millerjv at ge.com
Thu May 3 11:10:02 EDT 2012

I was just trying to point someone to the developer instructions on the ITK Wiki and had a hard time finding them.  I am looking for some suggestions.

The front page of the Wiki does not have a link to

	http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git

which I believe is our preferred launch point for people to get setup for ITK.

In the "Overview" section, there is a link to a "Getting Starting with ITK" page.  But that page also does not link to ITK/Git.  Rather, it links to a nice concise page to grab the source but not configure for development.

In the "Developers Corner", there is not a link to the ITK/Git.

What I thinking is that I would like to see a big button "Get ITK" that links to ITK/Git and perhaps has links back to the Getting Starting page.

I kinda like the structure of the Slicer download page http://download.slicer.org/ which first has buttons to download and then has a bunch of bulleted items below that have all the links for the other information that people may need.

Jim Miller
Senior Scientist
GE Research
Interventional and Therapy