[Insight-developers] updating TransformFactoryBase - module dependecy issue

M Stauffer (V) mstauff at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 13:11:51 EDT 2011

Hi Xiaoxiao,

I think it makes sense to move TransformFactoryBase and TransformFactory into ITKIOTransformBase, since it and TransformFactory only seem to be used in the context of IO, at least w/in ITK itself. A separate new module like I suggested makes less sense, I agree.

If you have time to move TransformFactoryBase and TransformFactory to ITKIOTransformBase then that'd be a great help, otherwise I can do it too later this week.

A separate IO method for DisplacementField w/out TransformFactory sounds like it would be awkward, since another mechanism would be needed for instantiating transforms during IO.

-M

  _____